Saturday 26 April 2014

Shakespeare In The Port- Living Statues: Day 1






This was the first day and I honestly didn't know what to expect. I was Miranda from The Tempest and all I really knew about her was that she was a mermaid. This was also my first time ever being a living statue, and my impression of a living statue was one of those statues in Times Square in NYC.

I got there, changed into that outfit, and they started to paint my visible body parts white. I generally do not like face paint or sunscreen. This felt like super thick and sticky sunscreen/face paint and it was not nice but i persevered. I also realised that Asians and white face/body paint just don't mix very well.

The obvious technique to tackle the stillness and patience is to sit. And that is what I did. I was sitting for 95% of the time and it was great. It was quite relaxing actually. I only stood when my body started to get a bit numb. The cubes weren't exactly very comfortable.

One of the other living statues brought a book so that was her prop, and she was just reading it the whole time. Very smart.

Definitely could do with less moving. But it's honestly not very comfortable. We'll see what tomorrow brings.

No comments:

Post a Comment